Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ratatouille



Not really! Because, well, it's not so much that I hate eggplant, I just don't see myself ever buying it. But I did buy a ton of tomato seconds at the farmers market (cheap, but don't last long) and needed to use them up. I also had a bunch of squash.

I sauteed a red onion and half a white onion (diced), with two zucchini and two summer squash (medium sized, sliced into half moons), then added salt, pepper, a few cloves of chopped garlic, veggie broth, and lots of chopped and seeded tomatoes. Cook this til the tomatoes break down and the sauce thickens, taste for seasoning, and add fresh thyme.

I also didn't bake this, which I gather is one aspect of many "traditional" old worldy ratatouille recipes. Meh. It was good and kept me from wasting vegetables.

Here's some on quinoa. I added white beans after I took the picture because I had a ton and thought it would go well together. It did.



Tastes like summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment