Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nettle Curry

I used most of the nettles I picked last week in a quick cauliflower curry.



- Saute chopped onions and garlic in a little olive oil until soft
- Add turmeric, mustard seed, coriander, cumin, and salt and saute a few more minutes
- Add chopped cauliflower and tomatoes or tomato sauce (I used some that I'd frozen from last Summer) and cook until the cauliflower is tender - might need to add a little water
- Add chopped nettles, spinach, or other greens, and cook another couple minutes
- Taste for seasoning

I ate this with chickpea crepes - also really quick and easy. It would have been good with potatoes and/or chickpeas in it, but I didn't have any on hand.

I was hoping to have some morels to post about this weekend, but it looks like they need a little more rain and a little more time. Maybe next week!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I sauteed up some nettles last week too-- so good.

    ReplyDelete